I'm excited to be back in Brookline yet again for a class for adult women and teenage girls ages 13+. The class is a partnership with B'line Fitness. Mom/daughter pairs are welcome or your teen can attend with friends. Adult women are welcome all on their own, as well.
Learn the basics in an Introduction to Self-Defense for Women & Teens (ages 13+) from 10:00 - 11:00 AM. We will discuss safety tips, scenario discussions, and learn some empowering self-defense techniques. Bring your sense of humor and sense of adventure.
Follow up with Part 2: Advanced Self-Defense for Women and Teens (ages 13+) from 11:15 AM - 1:00 PM. More practice, more techniques, more advanced demos.
In both workshops, we will learn:
- How to recognize and avoid potentially violent situations;
- How to respond to violent situations;
- Basic tools for fighting back, including:
- The ideal stance to help maintain your balance and get away
- Basic moves: punches, kicks, elbows, and knees
- Defending against common attacks on women and girls, such as:
- Bear hug grabs
- Hair pull attacks
- Pushes to the ground